How do you perform email verification? 😊
We perform several checks and verifications to determine whether an email address is deliverable or undeliverable. To find out if an email is valid, we do a DNS verification and MX lookup, conduct an SMTP check, access our internal database, and use proprietary algorithms.
When we verify email lists, we ask certain questions like:
Does the email address:
- contain the necessary elements to be an email address, like an @ and correct punctuation for hostname?
- have a valid hostname (email@example.com)?
- have a verifiable DNS and valid email server?
- contain a valid local part (ie. firstname.lastname@example.org)?
- contain less than 254 characters?
- have a mailbox that can be reached?
- belong to a server that accepts all email?
- have a history of engaging with emails?
- have a history of bouncing?
- have a history of opting out?
We then perform additional deliverability and compliance checks.
All of the information we receive in the Address-by-Address analysis is what determines whether an address is deliverable or not. This is how we return to you Email Assurance Grades of 'A+', 'A', 'B', 'D' or 'F'.